Monday, June 20, 2011

Scoutmaster Minute: May 25, 2011

I shared this video with my scouts last month. The point of my message was that you never know who's watching you. Fortunately, she comes home from scouts every week saying stuff like this rather than a mouthful of profanity (which is what you'd expect from spending time with a typical group of 12- and 13-year-old boys).

It's amazing how much Olivia is paying attention to what we say. On Saturday, I was playing a game with her. I asked her why she gave me the blue boat and not the green boat, and she said, "Cause you've been a good girl, daddy." Later in the game when I drew an unlucky card, I pretended to be upset and I started to cry. Olivia told me, "It's OK daddy. Just take a deep breath." A few days ago at dinner, Olivia asked for some more food. When Andrea gave it to her, Olivia said, "I appreciate that, mommy." What a funny little girl.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Thank you. I laughed out loud at my office when I read the things Olivia is saying to you. What a cutie.

Whitney Ricks said...

I can't wait for you guys to come to Utah so I can hear this little chatterbox.

Danielle Dallas said...

That's adorable!

Kara said...

BA HA! That is fantastic! I remember having dinner at our former bishop's house when Amanda was three or so. The kids were playing with toys; Amanda was holding a toy phone. When she pushed a button, it rang. Without blinking an eye, she put it up to her ear and said, "Clearfield South Stake, this is Brother Toone!" I about died laughing! A toddler can pick up lots of interesting phrases when "helping" daddy with church callings, apparently... :)

Hope all is well with you guys!