Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Costume Party: Oct. 25

On Saturday night, we attended a Halloween party with some of our friends. While the food, games, and decorations were reason enough to go to the party, the costumes were definitely the funnest part of the night. The discussions Andrea and I had this week about our costumes came at the same time as our conversations that I needed a haircut (see last blog post). So since I needed a haircut anyway, I decided that for just one night, I would like to have a mullet. We planned the rest of our costumes (my unshaveness and Andrea's black eye, etc.) around my haircut.

On Saturday afternoon, Andrea cut the top and sides of my hair to a normal length, but left the back untouched. Then she straightened all of my hair and styled it into the awesomeness you see below. After the party, she chopped off the mullet into a normal haircut, and I shaved. Just in time for church on Sunday morning! (Oh, and it took just one shower to get my hair curly again.)

Wow. We really look pathetic. One other good thing about our choice of costumes was the total cost. Believe it or not, we had everything already in our home except for the ugly $3 hat we bought for Andrea.

Isn't Andrea's belly cute? Olivia must already love Halloween (or hate her parents' costumes), since she was really kicking up a storm all day.

I'm glad to say that it took a lot of work and a lot of makeup to make Andrea's eye look like that. I had nothing to do with it. Well, my fist had nothing to do with it. I did give her some pointers on how to make it look realistic.

Here I am in all my glory!

This one doesn't deserve a comment. It's all there for you.

Actually, those used to be one of my very favorite pair of jeans. Now they're Andrea's favorite pair of my jeans :)

Here are pictures of some of our friends.

David and Stephanie with their son Joshua.

Jason and Sheena.

Bryan and Breanna. (Steele is expected about 2 weeks before Olivia.)


Bill and Karen (and their unborn little jack-o-lantern).

Matt and Addy with Conor the bumble bee.

Don't I look natural in a rock band? Here we've got Matt on the vocals, David on drums, Brett on guitar, and I am on the bass. Jason (Dog, the bounty hunter) is going to beat up whoever makes the next mistake.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having hair to style in different manners. Enjoy your hair while you can. There may come a day when a "mullet" sounds good.

I like the photos of Andrea showing off my new great-granddaughter.

Janina Herbert said...

AWESOME!

Hi Daniel and Andrea (and Olivia)! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EXPECTED LITTLE GIRL!!! THAT IS SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!! When is Andrea due? I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!
And your costumes looked AMAZING! Hope you're doing well!

Angie Wilson said...

Oh man...Daniel...that mullet rocks!!!

Kara said...

Oh, your white-trashiness was a WONDER to behold! Simply glorious. I didn't know that you two are going to be parents! That is fantastic. Hope we get to see you around Thanksgiving!

Brooke said...

Wow! You guys belong on My Name is Earl. That is too great! Wow, again! I'm glad I found your blog.

The Taylors said...

Hey Daniel!
I found you on the Viewmont blog! We are going to make our blog private in a few weeks and I would love to send you guys an invite. If you get a second will you leave a comment on my blog with your email address?? I would love to keep in touch with you!!

Chris said...

I was also unaware of your blog until I saw it linked over on another one. Long time no chat. Congrats on the new one. They are too much fun.

Lincoln said...

that was an awesome mullet. good work daniel!

Sue said...

Well, Daniel, I certainly wouldn't have recognized you!! A little bit of personality that I wasn't aware of must have emerged.

Kristen tells me that you will be in Layton tonight for a reunion with old high school friends. She lives in a neighborhood with a lot of VHS graduates.

Congratulations on the baby-to-come!

(Mrs. Wilkinson)

Tara and Andrew said...

What's going on? We just found your blog. Looks like you had some fun with Halloween. I really like that look on you Dalfanielfel. Sorry I didn't call you back. We were in Rexburg to do a job fair when you called. I guess I'm it! I'll call you sometime.

Alisha said...

I have to tell you I'm honestly a little scared by those photos! :) You guys did a great job with your costumes. Glad you had fun!